South Italian Tuna Recipe
How to prepare Calabrese (Calabrian) tuna recipe. Tuna is very common in
Italy for the taste of his flesh, is likely to be cooked in many ways
and there are many recipes containing it, from appetizers to a full
This guide shows you how to prepare this nice Italian tuna recipe from South Italy's Calabrian region.
Ingredients: serves 4
- 2 lb (900g) fresh tuna, sliced
- 4 Tbsp (60ml) extra virgin olive oil
- 1/4 cup (60g) flour
- 2 oz (60g) bacon
- 1 onion
- 1 clove garlic
- 2 salted anchovies
- 1 lb (450g) tomato puree
- 2 sprigs parsley
- 1/4 cup (60ml) dry white wine
Preparation: 45 minutes
- Peel and chop the onion and garlic with the bacon. Rinse and chop the anchovies fillets with parsley.
- Wash the tuna and pat with paper towel. Flour and fry the slices of tuna in 5 tablespoons of oil until golden on both sides.
- Salt the tuna and sprinkle with white dry wine until evaporated, drain
the slices of tuna and keep warm. Fry in the same gravy the chopped
bacon, then add anchovies with parsley, stir and add the tomato puree
the chilli. Add salt and simmer for 15 minutes.
- Dip the slices of tuna in the pan of tomato sauce and cook for 5
minutes stirring frequently. Discard the chili and serve the Calabrian
You Might Also Like...