Healthy Italian Spinach Casserole
This Healthy Italian spinach casserole recipe has 290Kcal. per serving with vegetables and legumes.
The beneficial value of light and nutrient spinach, along with the
protein value of beans, makes of this a nice recipe. Indeed, the
positive effect of spinach is now known to all.
This spinach casserole recipe with tomatoes and Parmigiano Reggiano cheese gives an Italian touch that you can't miss.
Ingredients: serves 4 - 290Kcal. each
- 1 lb (450g) spinach
- 6 oz (170g) beans
- 3 oz (85g) small onions
- 8 oz (220g) cherry tomatoes
- 2 oz (60g) Parmiggiano Reggiano
- 2 tablespoons (30ml) extra virgin olive oil
- chili powder to taste
- Put the beans to soak the night before in plenty of water. The next day,
rinse and boil for 40 minutes in twice their volume of water. Let the
beans cool in the cooking water, then drain.
- Wash, clean, and chop the spinach with a knife. Peel and cut the onions
in quarters. Wash, drain, and cut the cherry tomatoes in halves.
- Heat half the virgin oil in a large pan, combine the garlic slightly
flattened and sauté a few minutes. Discard the garlic, add spinach, salt
and simmer on high heat (the vegetables should be cooked without adding
liquids, and result much drier at the end of cooking).
- In another pan, heat the remaining oil with the onions until they become
golden brown. Then pour the beans and cherry tomatoes, salt, season
with chili powder to taste. Cook for several minutes. Mix the spinach
with beans, stir carefully and turn off the fire.
- Put the mixed vegetables and beans in a baking porcelain casserole, sprinkle with Parmiggiano Reggiano reduced to flakes. Switch to the grill of the oven for 2-3 minutes before serving.
The cooking of beans is important to avoid being reduced to puree at the
end of preparation. So check often during the cooking and if necessary
reduce the time specified in the recipe.
You Might Also Like...