How To Make Ricotta Gnocchi
Want to know how to make ricotta gnocchi the Italian way?
This gnocchi recipe is the joy of many kids in Italy as Giulia, she is delighted by ricotta gnocchi.
Who can judge better than kids?
Giulia is proof that these dumplings are just good, yummy. NO doubt that this will make them ask for more...
How wonderful it is to cook hearty meals for our kids, one single
dish with proteins, carbohydrates and lipids, complete and easy to
prepare just like this one...
Don't hesitate just follow down and you will be amazed what you can accomplish with this recipe, and your family too!
Gnocchi with Ricotta Recipe
Ingredients: serves 2
- 8 oz (230g) ricotta cheese
- 4 oz (110g) parmiggiano cheese
- 1/4 cup (60g) of flour
- pinch of nutmeg
- 1 egg
Preparation: medium 40 minutes
- Lets start to mash the ricotta cheese with a fork, until it reduces to cream.
- Grate a bit of nutmeg without overwhelming.
- Add the Parmesan and stir well to distribute evenly in the dough.
- Add the egg.
- Now add the flour, a tablespoon at a time, to avoid lumps.
- Knead gently to avoid crushing the mixture too much, add another tablespoon of flour and so on until the end of the flour.
- Now move the dough on a pastry board.
- orm sausages of dough thick as your thumb and cut with a sharp knife, as shown in the picture.
- Ricotta gnocchi are now ready to be dressed, they can be simply baked with butter, sage and parmesan, or be dressed with a nice tomato sauce.
You Might Also Like...