Italian Polenta Lasagna
Polenta lasagna with gorgonzola cheese is one of many ways that an Italian polenta recipe can be done.
It isn't a precise recipe, and so like any traditional Italian recipe this varies from family to family.
In general, we can say that the layers of polenta should alternate
those of gorgonzola cheese, it's almost like layering a lasagna that's
why it's called polenta lasagna.
This polenta is prepared in the Aosta Valley and in Biella city, but
it's also cooked in Lombardy region, it can slightly change depending on
the type of cheese used.
Polenta Lasagna Recipe
Ingredients: serves 4
- 1½ qt (1½lt) of water
- (450g) classic or istant polenta flour
- 1 lb (450g) gorgonzola cheese
- 4 oz (60g) grana padano or parmigiano cheese
- 4 oz (100g) butter
- 4 tbsp (60g) salt
- 1 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
Preparation: easy 1 hour
- In about 1½ lt. of water add an handful of salt and a
tablespoon of extra virgin olive oil. When the water boils pour the corn
- Stir constantly until polenta is cooked.
- How to Make Polenta.
- Grease a baking dish with butter.
- Cover the bottom with a layer of soft polenta.
- Then add the sliced gorgonzola cheese.
- Then add the butter into small cubes or flakes.
- Cover with another layer of polenta and then of gorgonzola.
- Help your self with a spatula.
- As a final layer place other gorgonzola
- Finish with a generous sprinkl of grated grana padano or parmogiano cheese and some butter.
- Cook lasagna polenta in the oven for 15-20 minutes at 350°F (180°C).
NOTE If you have little time instead of classic corn flour you can buy instant polenta
which can be cooked in a matter of minutes. If you go for the classic
corn flour, keep in mind that it will take about 45 minutes to cook.
You Might Also Like...