Authentic Italian Lasagna Recipe
An authentic Italian lasagna recipe wonderfully satisfying with béchamel very easy to make also known as Emiliana Style.
In many regions of Italy is made without mozzarella, lasagne are not always a cheesy affair with plenty mozzarella. These Italian lasagna recipes more simply call for béchamel sauce instead of cheese. The only cheese required is grated Parmiggiano Reggiano.
Authentic Italian Lasagna
Ingredients: serves 4
- 6 ounces (gr.170) or 8 sheets white or green packaged Italian lasagnas
- Ragù Sauce
- Béchamel Sauce
- 4 ounces (gr.113) parmesan cheese grated
- 1 tbsp (gr.14) unsalted butter
- 1 tbsp (gr.14) salt
Preparation: medium 40 minutes
- You'll cook the sheets as any other pasta following directions on the package for the cooking time. Add the salt to the water only when boiling.
- Start preheating your oven at 350°F (180°C) and bring your ready sauces.
Butter the bottom and sides of a 7x9 inch (cm 18x23) stainless steel
baking pan or dish. Once you're ready spread over 3 tablespoons of
béchamel sauce, 3 tablespoons of ragù sauce.
- Now you can start assembling laying one by one the sheets of lasagna and
cover the bottom of your pan or dish. Spread again 3 tablespoons of
béchamel and ragù as before, and 2 tablespoons of parmesan.
- Repeat the process until you have made other 3 layers. At the end on
the top of your assembled sheets, you'll spread just the remaining ragù
- Cover your pan or dish with tin foil and place into the middle rack of
your oven. Bake for 15 minutes, then remove the tin foil and bake a
further 10 minutes till you see a crust has formed on.
It will take you 2 hours to accomplish the whole recipe with sauces, so
consider that the ragù spaghetti sauce and the béchamel sauce can be
prepared ahead of time, or the day before then refrigerated ready to be
To prevent from sticking the sheets one with each other after you have
drained, place them around on a colander border or on a cotton cloth.
How to Frozen!
Uncooked lasagna can be wrapped in plastic and then covered with aluminum foil and frozen up to a month.
Cool a few minutes before serving to your family and friends your wonderfully satisfying lasagna.
You Might Also Like...