Best Italian Lasagna Bolognese
In my opinion this is the best Italian lasagna bolognese
style, it's one of my favorite dishes and it's a must when I have guests
for lunch. If you want to play safe this is one of the best meat
lasagna recipe you can make!
The main secret is to prepare a nice bolognese sauce, you can prepare this in advance and then bake at the right time.
The doses that I have indicated for the preparation of this lasagna bolognese style are for 6 people, but it's also fine for 8, depending on the hunger of your guests.
In this recipe there's addition of mozzarella to make a cheese lasagna, even though in the original recipe is not expected.
Ingredients: serves 6
- 3 cups (700 ml) of tomato puree
- (100 g) diced bacon
- ½ onion
- 1 carrot
- 2 lb (900 g) of ground beef
- ½ glass of red wine
- 1 lb (450 g) of egg lasagne
- 1 lb (450 g) mozzarella cheese
- 1 cup (230 ml) white sauce
- 2 Tbsp (30 g) parmesan cheese
- extra virgin olive oil
Preparation: medium 4 hours with slow simmering bolognese sauce
Before you begin you'll need some white sauce by melting 1 oz (30 g) of butter with 1 oz of
flour, then add 1 cup (240 ml) of milk, stir and cook until boil. Cut the mozzarella in slices and place in refrigerator to dry.
- Prepare the bolognese meat sauce by frying in a large pot carrot and chopped onion together with the diced bacon.
- Add the ground meat, mince it and then blended with the flavor of red
wine. Add the tomato puree, salt, cover with a lid and cook the meat
sauce over low heat for 2 hours.
- When the sauce will be dry enough, turn off the flame and keep aside.
- Boil the sheets of lasagna in a pot with salted water along with a tablespoon of oil.
- Then lift the sheets of lasagna with a skimmer and let them dry on a towel.
- Now, let's assemble the lasagna. In a buttered casserole pour a layer of
bechamel. Cover with a layer of lasagne then cover with a layer of
- Spread the slices of mozzarella cheese covered with white sauce and sprinkle with the grated Parmesan cheese (this is the case if you want a cheese lasagna recipe).
- Cover with another layer of lasagna and repeat the procedure, then finally cover with the last layer.
- Cover the surface of the lasagna with the remaining meat sauce and
béchamel. Sprinkle the lasagne with the remaining parmesan and bake at
Cook for 30 minutes then remove from the oven and let cool before cutting into slices and serve.
You Might Also Like...