Homemade Italian Meatball Soup
There are times when you feel the need to eat a light food, for these
occasions I believe this is the suitable dish full of old memories you
Italian meatball soup with small pasta in a nice warm vegetable broth.
Yes, this is a traditional homemade Italian dish to pamper yourself.
And what about using the vegetable meatballs broth to season some pasta?
This is how to make meatballs making a broth and pasta sauce at the same time, instead of making the classic tomato sauce.
Italian Meatball Soup
- 1 lb (450g) ground beef
- 1 egg
- 3 slices of sandwich loaf
- 2 oz (60g) grated pecorino
- 1 cup (230ml) milk
- bunch of parsley
- 1 onion
- bunch of celery
- 1 carrot
- 6 small tomatoes
- 2 stock cubes
Preparation: about 40 minutes
- Put in a bowl the ground beef, the white bread soaked in
milk and wrung out, grated pecorino cheese, egg and finely chopped
- Mix and add a pinch of salt.
- Shape into small round balls, rolling between your palms.
- Put in a pot the carrot, celery, onion and chopped tomatoes, add 2 classic stock cubes in 2 pt (1 lt) of water. Bring to a boil.
- After about 10 minutes add the meatballs in the boiling broth and simmer very slowly for about another 20 minutes.
- Arrange the meatballs on a serving platter, adding the filtrate broth. Move the vegetables to a blender or food mill to obtain a sauce that you'll use to season broth and pasta.
Small pasta shape are recommended for this recipe.
You Might Also Like...