I was thinking last day about how could I accomplish an easy lasagna in a reasonable time, especially for those occasion when I'm missing time.
Of course I still wanted it satisfying making a good impression even with guests too.
Honestly, I was surprised to find a recipe after giving a look at one of my Italian cookbooks upon the shelf, you know one of those that are only taking a lot of dust.
I came up with this Italian easy lasagna from Naples doable in 40 minutes, that is really quick if I think it normally takes about 2 hours to make a traditional Italian lasagna.
In Italy this recipe is known as Lasagne alla Napoletena or carnival lasagna a traditional southern recipe from Naples.
It's a time saving recipe because it doesn't contain any heavy sauce at all, but more simply ricotta cheese, an easy Tomato Pasta Sauce, Italian Sausages and eggs. As I said where else, not always lasagna has to be a cheesy affair with plenty of mozzarella and sauce.
Now let's give a deeper look at all the ingredients for this recipe and how you can do it.
1. Take a pan and warm up the olive oil, brown the minced onion, add the minced tomatoes, salt and pepper. Cook for about 10/15 minutes at low heat. At last before the cook ends, add the minced basil.
2. Take another pan with olive oil, brown the Italian sausages on every side for few minutes. While the sausages cool down, take the mozzarella and dice it in a dish. After cooling, remove the skin and slice the sausages too in the same dish.
3. Put two eggs in a small pot with cold water, hard-boil the eggs for 7-8 minutes. Drain the water and cool down the eggs under cold water; peel the shell and slice the eggs. In a dish slightly beat the remaining egg together with the Parmesan cheese, a pinch of salt and pepper.
4. Grease well the bottom of your lasagna pan with butter and lay 3 noodles crosswise. Spread some of the tomato sauce made in step 1, some diced mozzarella, some ricotta, a few tablespoons of the eggs and cheese mixture, some slices of the hard-boiled eggs, and of course some pieces of the Italian sausages. Repeat the layering procedure until all ingredients will be ended.
5. For the last layer cover only with noodles and spread over the top a few pieces of butter. Adjust the oven rack to the middle position and heat the oven to 375°F (190°C) and bake for 20 minutes.
Remove the pan from the oven and let your easy lasagna rest 5 minutes. Cut and serve.